Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

Today is the Chicago Marathon -If I would have planned better, like first of the year, maybe I could have trained to run this. Just cause 10 is my favorite number and it would have been cool to have been part of it. But it was a little warm for the runners. I did watch it for the first time on TV - really enjoyable to watch. Someday, maybe someday, I will be part of the 45,000 runners.

I have been needing to make a dust cover for my WII fit board. It sits under my entertainment cabinet and gets pretty dusty. SO I grabbed some scrap material I had for years. It is an ivory printed canvas of musical related print. I was thinking I would make a horizontal folder type cover. Didn't work that well. SO I used fabric glue to hold the middle seam after sewing a 1/4 seam all around my 32" x 25" piece of fabric. Then I sewed the one short end. I folded over the other short end about with a 1/4 seam to allow for a draw string. Kinda turned out to be a duffel bag. SO it works for now, I think I will tweak when I start making them to sell on Etsy. My first try turned out OK.




No comments: