Thursday, August 26, 2010

Flower Power

I love today's weather - a nice cool breeze on an normally hot August day. One day closer to the weekend - yeah !

I have finally made some flowers that I have seen a lot of lately. The five cream flowers are made from an ivory chiffon. I just roughly cut circle shapes out randomly. Then I lightly held the fabric circle by a candle flame to heat the edges to singe them. Sometimes getting to close for my own fingers. Maybe next time I will try using my long handled tweezers to hold it. Then I just stacked the layers and sewed 3 simple beads in the center. Not sure what I will use these for yet, but you can now find them on headbands, pins, hair pins, clothing, purses. The other two flowers I die cut fabric scrapes and linen with my sizzix flower petals die - it cut really well. Then I pinched some of the smaller petals and hot glued them in the centers. Then I glued four of those onto the next size petal and so on. I continued layering the petals. I really love how these turned out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are cute! I'd probably singe my fingers too. Thanks for following me - I'm following back =)

Design Love said...

Hi!

Thanks for visiting my blog...and leaving the nice comment!
Those flowers are adorable! I hate when I use a hot glue gun....I always burn myself!

Cindy